- What is the Lemon Test? What case was it involved in? What are the steps?
- Which amendment applies federal laws to the states?
- Name the main clauses of the First Amendment (6 total).
- Which founders were in favor of the Bill of Rights? Which were against it? What were their reasons?
- Define judicial review. Then, describe how the process is uesd. Include the branch of government.
- What is the purpose of the 10th Amendment?
- Compare and contrast the purposes of the Free Exercise and Establishment clauses. Give an example application for each.
- What is the difference between a "strict constructionist" and a "precedent" philosophy?
- Describe the purpose of each of the first 3 articles of the Constitution.
- What is the difference between the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution? Which succeeded? Which failed? Why?
- What was the Dred Scott case about? What Acts/Compromises were involved? What was the court's decision? What precedent was set?
- What is common law? Natural law?
- Many states are passing laws related to marriage, defining it in a certain way. What amendments must these states consider? Explain.
- Does the government have the constitutional right to limit the rights of Guantanamo Bay detainees?
- What rights does habeas corpus provide to detainees? What part of the Constitution contains habeas corpus?
Monday, May 16, 2011
Junior Exams -- Review
Complete 5 of the following questions in your notes for tomorrow. Write in complete sentences and number each problem. Remember -- pick ones that you need to work on, and do NOT choose ones we did in class today. Have these on your desk at the start of tomorrow's class period.