Here are the notes and due dates discussed in class today.
- This Weekend: Study Case Materials and Mock Trial Rules. We’ll take a written test every day next week.
- Rolling project grades: 20 points for the following, saved to the Y: drive and uploaded to the wiki:
- Monday: “Finalized” Openings
- Tuesday: “Finalized” Closings
- Wednesday: “Finalized” Directs and Crosses
- These are mostly attorney assignments. All other students will have a project introduced next week.
Openings and Closings:
- Does it have a hook?
- Does it follow a theme?
- Does the theme from the opening carry over to the closing?
- Does it lay out your side’s case?
- Is it argumentative? It shouldn’t be!
- Is it 3 minutes (openings)
- Is it 4 minutes (closings, 5 minutes prosecution including rebuttal)
- Is it convincing?
- Is it REAL?????